The mission of the National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC) is to transition Veterans into business owners. The goal of VETS2014 is to build capacity in the Veteran and Service-disabled Veteran-owned small business community to help the Federal government and large business prime contractors meet and exceed the mandated goals. The NVSBC is pleased to again join forces with AetherQuest Solutions, a Veteran-owned small business, to host VETS2014 in Reno, Nevada, June 16-19, 2014.
For more information, visit their website.
Companies have protested more Army contract awards in the last 18 months than any other Defense Department agency’s awards, and the Veterans Affairs Department tops the list as the most protested non-Defense agency….
“…according to an analysis by the open data supporters at GovTribe.” Interesting discussion of contract award notices over at Next Gov.
A graphic depicting the discrenpancies:
Link: Women’s Business Development Center Celebrates it’s Women Vetrepreneurship Program
This program sounds great:
Participants will “exercise their entrepreneurial muscle” in sessions that cover business plan development, marketing research, pricing strategies and financial requirements, according to Nicole Mandeville, a Desert Storm Army veteran who is director of the WBDC’s Women Vetrepreneurship Program (WVP).
Veteran and Entrepreneur Gabriel Mays of Just Add Content has some wise words over at Duct Tape Marketing. Head over to read his other advice.
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
California University of Pennsylvania and Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania are sponsoring the GACO 26th Annual Procurement Opportunities Fair to assist businesses interested in pursuing government contracts and subcontracts. The fair offers a chance to meet government agencies and prime contractors seeking to identify potential vendors and suppliers.
GACO 26th Annual Procurement Opportunities Fair
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 (8:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
Four Points by Sheraton, Pittsburgh North, PA
Read the brochure here and register here.
Image via CrunchBase
The SBA’s Veteran Business Outreach Centers (VBOCs) offer assistance in outreach, assessment, long and short-term business training, counseling, directed referring, and online assistance to veterans, service disabled veterans, and Reserve business owners and entrepreneurs.
According to the FAQ of one of AGi’s local VBOCs, the services provided include “assessing their entrepreneurial needs and requirements, developing business plans, entrepreneurial training and counseling to include accounting, marketing and other business functions.”
The 10th Annual National Convention of Service Disabled Veteran and Small Businesses occurs this year in San Diego from August 21-23. Their agenda is here and information on attending is here.
One breakout session in particular looks great: Teaming/Joint Venture – Key Rules & Practical Tips by Michelle Kantor, Esq., McDonald Hopkins, LLC.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), in collaboration with other federal agencies and commercial partners, is excited to host the National Veterans Small Business Conference (NVSBC) from August 6-8 at the America’s Center Convention Complex in St. Louis, MO.
Conference activities include:
- Business Requirement Sessions: learn about procurement opportunities in 2014-2015 directly from federal program managers and contracting officers, as well as commercial customers
- Dining with Decision Makers: share a meal and informal discussion with potential customers and partners seeking to engage Veteran businesses at networking breakfast and lunch tables hosted by PDMs and Senior Leaders
- Networking Roundtables: discuss your capability to address federal and commercial requirements with PDMs
- 2-Day Expo of over 400 Exhibits: connect and learn more about business capabilities and federal requirements at government and industry booths in the Expo Hall
- Conference Receptions: meet informally with customers and build relationships essential to successful business development
- Training Sessions: specifically tailored for all stages of business growth
Learn more and register here.